How can I access my router remotely through the WAN interface?
There are a couple of prerequisites and possibilities for remote access:
- The router must have internet access
- Generally the router should have a Public IP address on its WAN interface.
If the IPv4 address in the router’s WebUI Status window matches the IP displayed in https://www.whatismyip.com/, then router has a Public IP address
- The router can be accessed via Teltonika’s RMS system even without a Public IP
- The router could be reachable via the ISP’s private VPN SIM card’s IP
- The router could be reachable via VPN if a proper infrastructure exists
"Remote HTTP access" must be enabled, to do so navigate to System → Administration → Access Control menu.
Keep in mind to set a strong router password before enabling "Remote HTTP access".
If the router is using dynamic Public IP or does not have a Public IP please click this link to lean more.