RMS - Device Tags
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Device Tags section located in the Management menu tab is used to create Tags that can later have devices assigned to them. This can be used for easier management purposes. This section of the RMS user manual provides an overview of the Device Tags section.
Add new Tags[edit | edit source]
The Add new function is used to add new device tags to your RMS profile.
- To add a new device tag, move your mouse pointer to the Tags in the Top menu (Management → Device Tags → Tags) and click "Add new":
- Enter a custom name, description and select a company for the new device tag and click "Add". You can also type in the Company field for a faster selection.
- At the top of your screen you will get a notification in green text: Tag created successfully. The newly created tag will be visible in the Device Tags table.
Assigning Tags[edit | edit source]
To assign tags to your devices, go to the main page of RMS (Management → Overview). Select the device(s) you want to modify. Go to the top menu and select Device → Tags
For a detailed configuration guide refer to How to manage device(s) tags?
Remove Tags[edit | edit source]
The Remove function is used to remove existing Device Tags from your RMS account.
- Select which device tag(s) you would like to remove:
- Move your mouse pointer to the Tags submenu (Management → Tags → Remove)
- You will be prompted by a pop-up asking whether you would really like to delete the selected tags(s). If everything is in order, click "Yes".
- At the top of your screen you will get a notification in green text: Tag deleted successfully. The deleted tag(s) will no longer be visible in the Device Tags table.