This page is an overview of the Packages section of RUT900 routers.
The information in this page is updated in accordance with the RUT9XX_R_00.06.04 firmware version.
The Package Manager is a service used to install, upgrade or remove additional software.
The Installed section displays the names version numbers of software packages currently installed on the router. To remove an installed package click the 'Remove' button located next to it.
Below is an example of the Installed section with the zerotier package installed.
The Upgradable section displays available upgrades for installed packages. Based on the availability of additional software in the current firmware version (RUT9XX_R_00.06.04), all packages in the Available section are their latest version. Therefore, the Upgradable section currently displays an empty list:
The Available section displays packages that are available to be downloaded from the FOTA server. Currently available packages are:
- zerotier - ZeroTier One is an open source software product which establishes Peer to Peer VPN (P2PVPN) connection between laptops, desktops, phones, embedded devices, cloud resources, and apps.
After installation, this service becomes available and can be configured from the Services → VPN → ZeroTier page.
- snmpd - Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a network management protocol used to collect information from network devices.
After installation, this service becomes available and can be configured from the Services → SNMP page.
- miniupnpd - UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is a set of network protocols that allows devices in a network to discover one another automatically.br>After installation, this service becomes available and can be configured from the Services → UPNP page.
- easycwmp - installs TR-069 (Technical Report 069) client, an application layer protocol designed for management of equipment connected to a remote network.
After installation, this service becomes available and can be configured from the Services → TR-069 page.
- azure_iothub - Azure IoT Hub is an open and flexible cloud platform that supports open-source SDKs and multiple protocols.
After installation, this service becomes available and can be configured from the System → Administration → Azure IoThub page.
To install an additional software package, click the 'Install' button located next to it:
If the installation was successful, you should see a green rounded rectangle containing a message of success appear above the package list:
The Pending section displays software packages that are still awaiting installation.
The Upload section provides the possibility for offline package installation. Only packages that are intended for this specific router and firmware version can be uploaded.
The list of available packages for RUT900 is provided below. Click on the links if you wish to download packages to your computer.
To install a package click the 'Browse...' button and locate the package file on your computer. Then click 'Install package'. If the installation was successful, you should see a green rounded rectangle containing a message of success appear Package Manager title: