How can I control RMS data usage?
RMS provides its users with the possibility to set up custom device parameter update intervals or disable updates for some parameters entirely. This can help reduce monthly data usage for routers connected to the RMS. This article describes that process in detail: To change monitoring options for your device go to the RMS web page, Left sidebar panel (Management → Overview) and click on Overview submenu.
Move your mouse pointer to the top control Monitoring menu and select Set update period (Monitoring → Set update period).
Step by step instructions[edit | edit source]
- First, choose a device(s) for which the configuration will apply.
- Move your mouse pointer to the Monitoring top control menu and click "Set update period".
- After a new pop-up window should appear. Place check marks next to relevant parameters to set up custom monitoring intervals. On the right you can set up the monitoring update frequency; on the left, you can set the time units for that frequency.
- As you change these settings, an estimated monthly data usage value will be calculated below in real time.
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification in green text: Device updated.
- Dynamic Monitoring - every varying router parameter (e.g., uptime, mobile uptime, modem temperature, etc.).
- Static Monitoring - every static router parameter (e.g., product code, batch number, hardware revision, etc.).
- Hotspot Monitoring - Hotspot related parameters (Hotspot SSID, Hotspot IP address, Users online).
- GPS Monitoring - GPS related parameters (e.g., longitude, latitude, altitude, GPS fix status, time, etc.).
- Input/Output Monitoring - Input/Output related parameters (states of inputs and outputs).
Estimated monthly data usage[edit | edit source]
Estimated data usage calculates an estimate of monthly data usage based on the update period values specified above.