RMS - Configuration
Summary[edit | edit source]
The Configuration section is located in the Files menu tab. And it is used to upload configuration (a.k.a. backup) files to RMS. This section of the RMS user manual provides an overview of the Files / Configuration section.
Upload config file[edit | edit source]
To upload a config file go to the RMS web page, Left sidebar panel, Files tab and click on Configuration submenu.
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the Top control Files menu (Files → Add new).
- Click Add file button, select the config file that you wish to add from your computer.
- (Optional) you can enter a short description for your file.
- Click Upload if successful your file will appear in the top of the Configuration table.
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification in green text: File uploaded.
Download config file[edit | edit source]
There are several ways you can download the router's configuration. Both options listed below.
From routers WebUI[edit | edit source]
- To upload a config file, you must first obtain one by downloading it from the router's WebUI or if that router is added to RMS, you can download it from there.
- From router's WebUI. Navigate to System → Administration → Backup and download the backup file:
From RMS[edit | edit source]
- Go to the homepage of RMS - https://rms.teltonika.lt.
- Place a check mark next to the device whose configuration you want to download.
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the Top control Export menu (Export → Backup).
- Click Download to get the configuration file.
You can also select multiple devices to download multiple configurations at the same time.
Example backup file: backup_9000000019_2019-06-13_11_52_05.tar.gz
Remove configuration files[edit | edit source]
- To remove a config file(s) go to the RMS web page, Left sidebar panel, Files tab and click on Configuration submenu.
- Select configuration(s) that you wish to remove (you can remove multiple configs at once).
- Scroll your mouse pointer to the Top control Files menu (Files → Remove).
- You will be prompted with a confirmation pop-up. Click "Yes" if you wish to remove the selected config(s).
At the top of your screen, you will get a notification in green text: File deleted. The removed configuration(s) will no longer be visible in the Configuration table.